Legal and public notices
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Valdez Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 7:00 PM in the City Council Chambers. The purpose of the hearing is to take public testimony on a request from Myrna Dahl for an exception for her existing home which encroaches 2 feet into the Western side yard setback at 107 Eklutna Street. The property is located at Lot 9A, Block 7, Mineral Creek Subdivision.
Notice of this public hearing must be mailed to property owners within a 300-foot radius of the affected parcel. You are receiving this notice because your property is within the radius.
The public is encouraged to attend the public hearing. If attendance is not possible, comments may be presented to the Community & Economic Development Department in writing prior to the July 27th meeting. A copy of the comments will be presented to the Planning & Zoning Commission. Submissions by email may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone having questions concerning this request or who would like more detailed information should contact the Community & Economic Development Department at (907) 834-3427.
Lisa Von Bargen, Director CEDD
(July 13-20, 2016)
Notice of CVEA Tariff Changes
June 20, 2016
Copper Valley Electric Association’s Board of Directors gives notice to its members of proposed tariff changes. As proposed, the changes will be effective September 1, 2016. Below is a summary of the proposed changes.
- Non-material changes – CVEA’s goal is to make the tariff a user friendly document that is easier to read. The visual appearance will look different. Various terms have been changed such as references to CVEA’s newsletter, website, etc.
- Allow CVEA to remove an inactive meter after 24 months of no usage
- Change deposit requirements for those members who have been disconnected
- Increase the standard offering for new construction from $4,000 to $5,000
- Allow transfer of balances between rate classes for the same member
- Net metering – changes to new applications after January 1, 2017
- Remove several fees that CVEA does not use and increase the NSF fee and reconnect fee
- Remove exhibits from older tariff versions
A full red-lined copy of the tariff changes is available at http://www.cvea.org
Detailed information regarding these changes may be obtained from Jaime Matthews, Chief Financial Officer, CVEA, PO Box 45, Glennallen, AK 99588, phone: (907) 822-8311, (907) 835-4301 or by email: Matthews@cvea.org.
Any interested CVEA member may provide comments on the proposed tariff sheets either by hard copy or email. Comments must be received by 5 p.m. Monday, August 8, 2016. Public hearings have been scheduled as follows to receive member input on the proposed changes.
Valdez Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2-3 p.m. CVEA Valdez Office Board Room
Glennallen Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2-3 p.m. CVEA Glennallen Office Board Room