Legal and public notices
PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION VACANCY
THREE (3) VACANCIES TO SERVE THREE YEAR TERMS
The City of Valdez is seeking applications from members of the community who are interested in Parks and Recreation needs for our City. Three vacancies currently exist due to term expiration. Two applicants will be appointed to a three year term ending in October of 2019.
Powers and duties:
The commission is an advisory commission to the city council and the planning and zoning commission. It shall:
• Act in an advisory capacity to the city in regard to the planning, implementation and enforcement of programs dealing with the establishment, development and maintenance of parks, the creation and preservation of recreational facilities and opportunities, and the conservation of natural and recreational features within the city.
• Receive, consider and evaluate public input, opinions and recommendations regarding the parks and recreation programs of the city and advise the city council and planning and zoning commission of any findings or recommendations.
• Make recommendations regarding the parks and recreation budget of the city.
• Meet at least once a month and cause minutes of each meeting to be recorded and forwarded to the council through the city manager.
• Perform such other activities as may be requested of it by the city council or the planning and zoning commission.
Applications are available at City Hall or on online at http://www.ci.valdez.ak.us. Applications can be submitted by mail to PO Box 307, Valdez, AK 99686, by FAX at 835-2992 Attention: City Clerk, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is October 3rd at 5pm for appointment by City Council on October 19, 2016.
Allie Ferko, CMC, Deputy City Clerk, 9/20/2016
PROVIDENCE VALDEZ MEDICAL CENTER HEALTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
FOUR (4) VACANCIES TO SERVE A FOUR (4) YEAR TERM
The City of Valdez is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies due to term expirations on the Providence Valdez Medical Center Health Advisory Council. These positions are appointed by the Valdez City Council and shall each serve a three year term.
The Health Advisory Council and its members provide feedback and guidance to Providence regarding the operation of community Health Care Facilities. All guidance received from the Health Advisory Council by Providence is non-binding and advisory only. The Council is comprised of qualified representatives of the community serving with the intent of assisting the Medical Center in its mission of providing quality health care in Valdez and improving community health and wellness. The Health Council has an advisory role in policy formation, strategic development and oversight of health care programs and services. Regular meetings are held monthly with occasional special events where attendance is expected.
Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 212 Chenega Avenue, or on the city website at http://www.ci.valdez.ak.us and must be submitted to the Deputy City Clerk by email email@example.com, mailed to City of Valdez, Attn: Deputy City Clerk, PO Box 307, Valdez, AK 99686 or delivered to City Hall by 5:00 p.m ., Wednesday September 28th, 2016 for appointment on Tuesday October 4, 2016.
Posted: September 20, 2016
Allie Ferko, CMC, Deputy City Clerk