Legal notices 3/1/17
PROPERTY TAX VALUATION APPEAL PROCESS
The City of Valdez mailed Property Tax Assessment notices to all property owners of record on Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
To appeal the assessed valuation of property, all appeals must be filed in writing on forms provided by the City of Valdez.
Appeal forms are now available at the front desk of City Hall, 212 Chenega Street, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The deadline for accepting tax assessment appeals to the Board of Equalization is Friday March 31, 2017.
Allie Ferko, Deputy City Clerk
POSTED: March 1, 2017
CITY OF VALDEZ
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND REGIONAL CITIZENS’ ADVISORY COUNCIL
BOARD OF DIRECTORS VACANCY
The City of Valdez is seeking a qualified applicant to serve on the Prince William Sound Regional Citizens’ Advisory Council Board of Directors. This is a dedicated seat for the City of Valdez, to serve a two-year term.
The City of Valdez would best be served by a representative who:
• Understands her/his community, its needs, concerns and perspectives;
• Has a rudimentary familiarity with oil transportation issues;
• Has a home and work schedule flexible enough to allow participation and travel;
• Is committed to the mission of promoting environmentally safe operation of the Alyeska terminal and associated tankers; and
• Seeks opportunities to foster cooperative and constructive relationships between citizens, industry, and regulatory agencies.
A Director can expect to devote an average of 15 hours per month on PWSRCAC business. The full Board conducts three 2-day meetings in January, May and September. In addition, annual budget and planning meetings are held, as well as special meetings and opportunities to participate in committees or work groups.
If you are interested in serving on the PWSRCAC Board of Directors, please submit a board application, letter of interest addressed to the Valdez City Council, and resume no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10th, 2017. Application materials can be submitted in person at City Hall, by mail to City of Valdez, Office of the City Clerk, PO BOX 307, Valdez, AK 99686, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.