The Valdez Star - Serving Prince William Sound and Copper River Basin

Legals 7/9/14



Solid Waste Department needs your help to keep Hazardous Waste out of your landfill.

The City of Valdez will be holding a

Household Hazardous Waste Cleanup Day on


AUGUST 09, 2014



500 S. Sawmill Rd

The Baler facility will be accepting any and all Household Hazardous Waste.

(Paint, Misc Household chemicals, pesticides, ect.)

HAZARDOUS WASTE as defined by City Code 8.08.020 cannot be put in your trash cans or dumpsters.

‘Hazardous Waste” means waste that is capable of causing injury, disease or impairment of health or property damage, including but not limited to, poisons, pesticides, acids, caustics, infectious or pathological waste, radioactive materials, explosive or highly flammable materials, oil and petroleum products, batteries and burning or smoldering materials, or any item which, when disposed of into landfill, will cause contamination of groundwater or cause the groundwater to not meet state drinking water standards.

If you have any questions please call the Baler at




The City of Valdez is seeking applications from members of the community who are interested in Parks and Recreation needs for our City. The vacancy is due to a member resignation. The candidate will fulfill the remainder of the term ending on November, 2016.

Powers and duties:

The commission is an advisory commission to the city council and the planning and zoning commission. It shall:

• Act in an advisory capacity to the city in regard to the planning, implementation and enforcement of programs dealing with the establishment, development and maintenance of parks, the creation and preservation of recreational facilities and opportunities, and the conservation of natural and recreational features within the city.

• Receive, consider and evaluate public input, opinions and recommendations regarding the parks and recreation programs of the city and advise the city council and planning and zoning commission of any findings or recommendations.

• Make recommendations regarding the parks and recreation budget of the city.

• Meet at least once a month and cause minutes of each meeting to be recorded and forwarded to the council through the city manager.

• Perform such other activities as may be requested of it by the city council or the planning and zoning commission.

Applications may be obtained at City Hall or online at and should be submitted to the Mayor and City Council, PO Box 307, Valdez, AK 99686, or by FAX, 835-2992 Attention: City Clerk, before 5 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014 for appointment by City Council on Monday July 21, 2014.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 05/20/2019 18:49