The Valdez Star - Serving Prince William Sound and Copper River Basin

Legal and public notices



Alaska Gasline Port Authority Board Vacancy

The City of Valdez is soliciting applications for (1) vacancy on the Alaska Gasline Port Authority (AGPA) Board. The appointment shall be for a 4 year term which will expire on November 31, 2020.

The Valdez City Council appoints three representatives to sit on the Board of Directors for the Alaska Gasline Port Authority (AGPA). Board members must be a registered voter within the State of Alaska, reside within the State of Alaska, and shall serve at the pleasure of the governing body of the Municipality by whom such member is appointed.

City Board and Commission application forms are available on the City of Valdez website at and at Valdez City Hall. (Web applications will not be accepted for this position.) Applications must include a resume and letter of interest addressed to the Mayor and City Council.

Application packets must be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk no later than Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM for appointment by the Mayor and City Council on Tuesday, November 22, 2016. Applications may be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to

Interested citizens may learn more by visiting the AGPA website at or by contacting the Valdez Deputy City Clerk at 907-834-3468 or email to

Posted: November 4, 2016

Allie Ferko, CMC, Deputy City Clerk

Nov 9 2016



Senior Citizen and Disabled Veteran 2017 Tax Exemption applications are now available at City Hall.


To qualify for the property tax exemption, each senior citizen must have attained the age of 65 on or before December 31, 2016, and must have owned and occupied real property as a permanent place of abode as of December 31, 2016. New applicants must provide proof of age.

A resident widow or widower age 60 to 64 is eligible if the deceased spouse of the widow or widower was eligible at the time of his or her death.


Real property owned and occupied as a permanent place of abode by a disabled veteran qualifies for property tax exemption. "Disabled Veteran" means a disabled person separated from the military service of the United States under a condition that is not dishonorable who is a resident of the State, whose disability was incurred or aggravated in the line of duty in the military service of the United States, and whose disability has been rated 50% or more by the branch of service in which that person served or by the Veteran's Administration. Applicants must annually provide proof of 50% or more disability.

Qualified applicants may obtain an application from City Hall or on the City’s website. Applications must be filed with the City Clerk’s office no later than

January 15, 2017.

For further information, please contact the City Clerk's office at 834-3468 or

Allie Ferko

Deputy City Clerk

Posted 11/2/2016

N0v 9-Dec 23


DKW Farms LLC is applying under 3 AAC 306.400(a)(1) for a new Standard Marijuana Cultivation Facility license, license #11234, doing business as DKW FARMS LLC, located at 4271 Richardson Hwy, Valdez, AK, 99686, UNITED STATES.

Interested persons should submit written comment or objection to their local government, the applicant, and to the Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office at 550 W 7th Ave, Suite 1600, Anchorage, AK 99501 or to not later than 30 days after this notice of application.

(Published Oct. 26, Nov. 2, Nov. 9, 2016)


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 06/14/2019 17:32